Welcome to Aled's freelance profile!
Lead Generation & Business Development
Works remotely from London
- Suggested rate €854 / day
- Experience 7+ years
This freelancer is available full-time but hasn't confirmed their availability in over 7 days.
Location and workplace preferences
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Remote only
- Primarily works remotely
- Project length
- ≤ 1 week
- ≤ 1 month
- Between 1-3 months
- Between 3-6 months
- ≥ 6 months
- Business sector
- Digital & IT
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Social Networks
- Company size
- 1 person
- 2-10 people
- 11 - 49 people
- 50 - 249 people
- 250 - 999 people
Freelancer code of conduct signed
Read the Malt code of conduct
Native or bilingual
Aled in a few words
As a new business hunter, I have been generating my own leads for a number of years, breaking into such accounts as Jaguar, Land Rover, Unilever and Santander.
my approach is structured, methodical, professional, with a emphasis on a consultative sale approach.
I always aim to provide lead to a qualified to the furthest extent possible based around a medic sales methodology.
i'm happy to work around a team and provide insight where possible.
Google Cloud Business Director
Responsible for reselling Google Workspace and Google Cloud Platform commit contracts, along with Ancoris’ own range consultancy services, managed services and support.
Manging commercial negotiations that are customer centric with C-level customer contacts.
Achieved 87% of my net bookings target within FY 22, creating a FSI territory from the ground up within Ancoris.
Selling into such organisations as: Santander, ComplyAdvantage, WorldRemit, FNZ and DoJo (formally Paymentsense).
Lead with a consultative sales approach, establishing a key customer use case that aims to solve a commercial need within a customer’s business operation.
Create industry specific campaigns, designed to generate a community-based selling approach, establishing industry creditability and transfer knowledge to my customers.
Establish an extremely close working relationship with Google. Dove-tailing in with Google’s working structure and sales approach to sell Workspace and GCP across Corp, Enterprise and Digital Native teams.
Enterprise Account Director
Achieved 147% of quota in my last year in the role at SUSE, closing long running opportunities as global account manager for JLR and Unilever.
Achieved 121% of target in my first full year at SUSE (FY18) including new logo sales to The Co-op and Unilever. This FY resulted in my nomination for Sales Person of the year in EMEA and my first attendance to SUSE’s president’s club.
Achieved 105% in a new role as SAP Territory Director, focused on opening new business as well as managing existing global SAP S4 migration accounts. New logo sales include, The Body Shop, JCB and Burberry.
Promoted to Enterprise Account Director for manufacturing, which includes global account responsibility within SUSE for Unilever, JLR and JCB.
Working with C-Level contacts within my account base to elevate the relationship beyond infrastructure.
Constructed complex multi-year contracts with large international businesses, which included cumulative spend discount levels with contract deadlines, tailored services requirements and elevated response times.
Responsible for driving the wider virtual team within SUSE including assigning technical responsibilities, legal contract engagement, commercial agreements and relationship cultivation.
Developing our channel partnership program, working with a large number and vast array of channel partner businesses, including, distributors, system integrators, resellers, cloud service providers, global independent software vendors and hosted system providers.
Assumed managerial responsibilities when required, such as team forecasting to senior management and interviewing.
Presented on stage to the global sales team at SUSE’s yearly sales summit discussing my approach and deal success.
Mentorship to junior members of the sales team and graduates.
Veritas Technologies Corporation
Enterprise Account Manager
• I have been responsible for breaking into new accounts for Veritas along with maintaining a high level relationship with historical customers.
• I have translated technical based conversations into commercial business focused problem solving for C-Level contacts within my customer base as well as new accounts.
• Territory and account planning to ensure my business and personal goals are met and an structured approach to my go to market strategy for all portfolio products and services.
Territory Executive - Midlands & Wales
Microsoft - Microsoft
Corporate Territory Manager
• Achieved 113% of annual targets in FY12, 108% in FY13 & 109% FY14
• Management of existing relationships for global organisations in order to increase annual spend
• Increase the use of Microsoft technologies and value from existing agreements through direct sales and partner engagement
• Enterprise level engagement with companies such as, Gatwick Airport, Ricardo, Weetabix and Hasting Insurance
• Understand Industry relevance and streamline communications
• Consistent development of pipeline
• Create and maintain account plans to drive strategic relationships
• Work within a V-Team to ensure the correct skill sets are engaged with specific technologies
• Engage at Management, FD and CxO levels
• Own and drive renewal of Enterprise Agreement's on a 36 months basis
• Host technology strategy sessions
• Achieved 122% of my annual GP target of £120k for 2010 -2011 and achieved at 98% for Q1 of 2011 with a new £240k target
• Set 45+ new business appointments a quarter for senior sales account managers and myself in the first year of the role. Achieving 114% of annual target last year. Resulting in £658,000 of GP
• Increased annual spend from current named Foundation IT accounts by 47%
• Work as a team member within a small and growing sales team in order to drive marketing activities
• Commercial knowledge of both server and desktop virtualisation products and strategic methodologies
• Achieve a high understanding of Microsoft SharePoint's commercial advantage within originations essional selling approach with new and long standing Foundation IT customers.
Internal Account Manager
• Drove new business within competitive named accounts along with maintaining current relationships with customer accounts
• Achieved 108% of £150k GP target, active within South and London territory, selling into a variety of business sectors
• Support Senior Sales Territory Manager by generating new business meetings and supporting the sales cycle
• Coordinate working partnerships with consultants and pre-sales in order to deliver a high level of customer support and focus
• Extensive knowledge of IBM storage and backup solutions along with project requirements
The Marketing Practice
Business Intelligence Executive
• Target driven, new business lead generation for clients such as Microsoft, Fujitsu, Atos Origin, BT, SAP and Oracle.
• Managing client budgets and project time scales to ensure profitable working practice for the company.
• Provide relevant, value adding business and marketing intelligence to clients in order to more effectively market to sales channels.
• Create specific account based marketing concepts and strategy plans for clients such as Microsoft and support the account teams with new business lead generation.
• Provide mentorship for new employees within the team.
• Assist the company Directors in pitching for new business and developing existing client relationships.
• The only person in the history of the company to gain maximum bonus in four consecutive months.
• Support clients at sales events and trade shows
Are you sure? Your recommendation will be permanently deleted
Bachelor of Science
The University of Salford
Bachelor of Science, Business Information Systems
Advanced GNVQ, Business Studies
Ysgol John Bright
Advanced GNVQ, Business Studies