Welcome to Jack's freelance profile!
Location and workplace preferences
- Rugby, England, United Kingdom
- Remote only
- Primarily works remotely
- Project length
- ≤ 1 month
- Between 1-3 months
- Between 3-6 months
- ≥ 6 months
Freelancer code of conduct signed
Read the Malt code of conduct
Native or bilingual
Jack in a few words
I have specific expertise in delivering full stack solutions in C# ASP .NET Core 3.1 and .NET 6 with C# ASP .NET Core 3.1 and .NET 6 REST APIs with Microsoft Azure SQL databases.
Recently I have been the Lead Developer of the Defra Trade Platform, a £200m programme of works, having developed numerous solutions and assisted the design and development of others.
I have also been the lead developer of the Electronic Export Health Certificates service within the £150m Northern Ireland Directorate formed to address the Northern Ireland Protocol. This has delivered the first all-electronic export in the department’s history with a solution integrated with the European Union’s system.
• Developed & Delivered Avian Influenza Licensing Service.
• Developed & Delivered Food for Vulnerable Service.
• Developed & Delivered Electronic Export Health Certificates.
• Developed & Delivered Interim Desk Booking Service to assist back to work post COVID for civil servants.
• Designed, Developed & Delivered API Developer Portal.
• Developed & Delivered Risk Engine for Imports & Exports
• Developed & Delivered Customer Extension Service.
• Developed & Delivered Delegation of Authority Service.
• Developed & Delivered Common UI code library used in all UIs on the Trade Platform delivery.
• Designed, Developed & Delivered Trade Platform B2C identity platform based on custom policies and API integrations.
• Assisted Development Import your pet from Ukraine service.
• Assisted Development Trade Platform Notify API Service.
• Assisted Development Trade Platform Charge Service.
Digital & IT
Lead development on Electronic Export Health Certificates which resulted in the first all-electronic export in the UK’s history and the integration of the service with the EU’s Traces system within first six months of programme go-live.
Lead development on the response to Avian Flu outbreak of 2021 / 2022, creating a new IT solution that successfully combatted one of the worst outbreaks in the country’s history. This service resulted in successful and safe movement of >500M commodities and culling of infected birds and food products protecting UK bio security.
Digital & IT
Responsible for Import Assessment engine which provided decisions on border inspections to aid in workflow management for APHA.
Developed the Delegation of Authority service to provide traders the ability to delegate access to agents acting on their behalf for import/export applications.
Developed the Customer Extension service to provide the business with a way of extending the customer data model.
Developed the API Developer Portal which allows external users to browse publicly available APIs which are dynamically shown and generated based on APIM documentation and apply to use them.
Designed and developed a common user interface NuGet package which is in place across all UIs on the Trade Platform containing commonly used code for authentication and project scaffolding.
Digital & IT
Made use of .NET Core 3.1 for both the user interface and API projects and Azure SQL for the Database project.
Continued development on the service in close contact with the RNIB on accessibility for the hard of sight which yielded a AAA rating for the service and later resulted in the service winning an award at the RNIB awards.
Awarded MBE for services to the UK’s most vulnerable citizens during the Covid 19 pandemic, ensuring priority access to food delivery slots with major suppliers.
Are you sure? Your recommendation will be permanently deleted