Welcome to Narayana's freelance profile!
Location and workplace preferences
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Can work onsite in your office in
- around London and 50km
- Around Leeds and 100km
- Around Bristol and 100km
- Around Birmingham and 100km
- Project length
Would prefer to avoid:
- Between 1-3 months
- Between 3-6 months
- ≥ 6 months
- ≤ 1 week
- ≤ 1 month
- Business sector
- Architecture & Urban Planning
- Arts & Crafts
- Aviation & Aerospace
- Company size
- 2-10 people
- 11 - 49 people
- 50 - 249 people
- 250 - 999 people
- 1000 - 4999 people
Freelancer code of conduct signed
Read the Malt code of conduct
Native or bilingual
Narayana in a few words
• Worked in large IT companies like AT&T, ValueLabs, Ivanti & Oracle for the past 10 years.
• Handled larger IT infrastructures and complex environments hosted in on-premises and on multiple cloud platforms like Azure and AWS.
• Automated regular work activities using PowerShell, Python, and various DevOps tools to reduce the footprint of manual overhead and human errors.
• Worked extensively on DevOps tools like Kubernetes (AKS & EKS), Docker (ACI & ECS), Terraform, Chef, Ansible and Azure/AWS DevOps.
• Worked on Azure, AWS and OCI cloud platforms for the past 6 years and gained in-depth knowledge in the areas of Cloud Networking, Cloud Performance, Cloud Scalability and Cloud Security.
Senior DevOps Engineer
• Implemented Dev, UAT and Prod environments through Terraform (IaC) and GitHub Actions/Azure DevOps pipelines.
• Streamlined and locked down infrastructure components on Azure such as AKS, APIM, and VNets to enhance performance and security.
• Written YAML based pipelines in GitHub Actions/Azure DevOps to handle end to end life cycle tasks including terraform build, docker image build and push, deployment to AKS.
• Worked with github and azure repos extensively on daily basis to handle source code management.
• Integrated Azure Keyvault with AKS and WebApps to dynamically fetch the secrets in a secured way.
• Fixed issues related to build activities such as integrating ssl certificates with node.js applications and publishing them on https through ingress controllers in AKS.
• Worked on all aspects of Azure including AppGateways, APIM, AKS, ACR, VNETs, NSGs, RouteTables, Azure WebApps, Azure SQL, Azure DevOps and GitHub Actions.
Oracle - Oracle
Senior DevOps Engineer
• Handling the Deployment and Operational activities related to Dev & Prod Infrastructures.
• Writing scripts to automate infrastructure and software deployments using Terraform, PowerShell, ARM Templates, Bicep, Cloud Formation, Python and DevOps tools.
• Defining CI/CD pipelines using YAML in Azure DevOps to automate and optimize software build and release processes.
• Working with Git, Azure Repos, Azure Pipelines, Test Plans and Other tool set.
• Working with development teams to understand the overall project workflow to automate build and release activities.
• Deploying environments on Azure/AWS Clouds, Kubernetes, and Docker Platforms. o Azure/AWS Clouds: Handling all aspects of cloud infrastructure including Cloud Networks, Compute, Storage, Load Balancers, Security, Backup & Disaster Recovery, Monitoring and Migration etc. o Kubernetes: Handling of deployments and troubleshooting of all Kubernetes components such as Nodes, Pods, Deployments, Services, Volumes, Monitoring (Prometheus and Grafana), Daemon sets and Stateful sets etc. Worked on Azure AKS and Amazon EKS platforms. o Docker: Handling of docker containerization from the image creation to container setup, container networking, docker compose and volumes etc. Worked on Azure Container Instances and Amazon ECS.
• Troubleshooting any operational issues around above technologies and documenting them for future reference.
• Guiding the rest of the team members as and when necessary, using technical documentation and architectural diagrams.
• Involved in Azure green field deployment for one of the client's • of Cigniti Client had a requirement of implementing Azure Infra in 3 different environments DEV, TEST and QA for their web application.
• Created 3 similar infrastructures using Azure VM's, VNET's, Storage, Load Balancers and other components.
• Established site-to-site connectivity from Cigniti's on-prem network to Client's azure infra by involving in-house network team.
• Involved in migration of internal on-premises infrastructure to Azure IaaS using Azure Site Recovery components.
• Includes 50+ vm's from vSphere 5.0 with different OS flavors Participated in Active Directory domain migration project, specifically Azure AD integration.
• Deployed various opensource tools for the enhanced administration of on premises resources.
• Streamlined the process of VM Deployment and Decommission as per best practices.
• Directing and managing the Windows infra implementation and performance tuning.
• Identify gaps and applying best practices across infra for system efficiency & perf improvement through change management
• Work closely with business/marketing units for coordinating anynew/existing product launch/mod
• Managing System Incidents and reducing system recurrent noise Automation of administrative/management/deployment/migration using power-shell
• Up-gradation and Administration of Windows Active Directory
• Automation of Deployment Image through VM template / WDS for bare metal boxes
• Generating automated stats for various system resources for business/ support consumption
• Implemented test infrastructure with 250+ servers on Microsoft Azure cloud to evaluate migration factors
• The initial testing was started with Azure Classic Cloud Services, worked with Azure VM's, Virtual Networks and Storage Accounts to gain knowledge on these components.
• Participated in migration meetings and contributed in design consideration idea s.
• Implemented a parallel test infrastructure in Azure Resource Manager and evaluated the difference between Classic portal and Azure Resource Manager.
• Created multiple resource groups, vm's, vnet's and storage accounts to establish requested environment to host client's apps
• Troubleshooting of issues related to connectivity and working with Microsoft as and when required.
• Demolishing unnecessary components and their dependencies.
• Extensively participated in Azure Site Recovery manager DR testing activities etc.
Sr. Systems Analyst
ThinkSmart Tech India Pvt Ltd
• Handled huge virtual infrastructure deployments using vSphere and VMware VDI solutions.
• Deputed to Bahrain and Singapore during this period for the deployment of VDI solution for about 750+ users at client place.
• Migrated physical servers to virtual infrastructure.
• Streamlined the backup process at client location using VMware Consolidated Backup tool.
• Created baseline images and streamlined existing OS and package deployment models.
• Automated server metrics collection to support capacity planning and other business needs.
AT&T Global Services
• Implemented huge vmware environments across 52 datacenters in US
• Built 1000's of windows servers to support AT&T Connect tool
• Built multiple 2 node clusters with SQL as clustered application to act as back end for AT&T Connect tool.
• Worked on regular service requests
Firsttek Pvt Ltd
• Handled offshore and onsite infrastructure to support company's software development and testing activities.
• Managed multi site Active Directory infrastructure
• Worked closely with users and troubleshooted their regular work related technical issues
• Upgraded active directory from 2003 to 2008
Are you sure? Your recommendation will be permanently deleted